This page is an overview of how to use the plugin, the basic concepts which will help you to use Builderius more efficiently.
In the builder panel there are buttons
+ Layout that opens
a new panel page with modules/layouts which can be added to the page. These
buttons add items to the root of the Modules Tree. At the moment only Row
can be added to the root of the Modules Tree.
There are modules-containers - Row and Column - which can host another modules. Hovering over Row/Column item in the Tree reveals additional management buttons:
+for adding modules/layouts into the targeted
hamburgericon for accessing settings/duplicating
trash binicon for deleting the module
Hover over a Module's Tree item, then hover over
to open a small overlay with two links
Settings link to enter the chosen module's settings tab
of the Panel.
Row and Column modules are containers, so they can have children (nested) modules. At the moment only these two modules are containers!
Adding children modules can be achieved in two ways:
- by creating a new module inside Row/Column;
- by drag'n'drop operation, so existing module becomes children for Row or Column;
- hover over a Module’s Tree item, then hover over
+icon and choose what to add: module or container; click on either choice opens the panel page with all the items of teh chosen type available;
- pick a certain item from the list and click on it;
The chosen module/layout will be added to the targeted module.
- hover over a Module’s Tree item, specifically hover over
vertical lineshandler and start dragging the item;
- drag the item over another module: if it is a non-container type of module the sort operation will be performed (the overlay below the item will tip if the dragging module will be added before or after the targeted one); if it is a container, then hovering over targeted container and waiting for ~2 seconds revels green hover overlay that says 'move';
- release the module and it will be moved into the targeted container
Save, commit, publish changes
In order to save changes made click on
green diskette icon in
the Panel, so
Version Control System tab will be opened. Hover
master: HEAD graph item and click
Save. This is called
"saving without commiting". Use it when you want to save current
Version Control System tab hover over a graph item and click
Commit to create a kind of restoration point. Commits can
be previewed and published. So, if you are ready to publish changes
on the post/page and make them visible to everybody – create a commit
and publish it. Commits are useful when you want to save for later
any significant progress made. Later you can create a new branch
from a certain commit which can be like an alternative version of